Why Should I Enter?
Read the Top 8 Benefits for Entering The Educators Pick Best of STEM awards
Entering the Best of STEM earns you brand love:
- Increased visibility: Winning an award can increase your product’s visibility and exposure to potential customers and partners.
- Credibility and validation: Winning provides validation that your product is of high quality and can be trusted by educators.
- Differentiation from competitors: Set your STEM educational technology apart from competitors and help your products stand out in a crowded market.
- Positive press and media coverage: Winning generates positive press and media coverage, which can help increase your product’s reach, credibility, and SEO.
- Feedback and validation from judges: Entering provides valuable feedback, both positive and constructive. Winners receive quotes from judges they can use in marketing materials.
- Boost employee morale: Winning brings joy.
- Sales enablement: Increased visibility leads to a warm reception for your sales reps on their initial call.
- Increased sales and revenue: Winning can lead to increased sales and revenue as a result of increased visibility, credibility for your product, and word-of-mouth marketing.
What do winners receive?
Winners of the Best of STEM award receive
- A social media kit from Catapult X and The Leoni Consulting Group to use in their social promotion and any emails.
- A quote from your educator judge that you can use in promotional materials.
- Mention in the press release announcing winners.
- Mention in full-page ads from NSTA in the January 2024 issues.
- Mention in a full-page ad from NABT in the October 2023 issue.
Which Products Can I Enter?
Which products are eligible to compete?
The Best of STEM awards is open to educational products that serve science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education.
- Be safe for classroom use
- Make accommodations for all learners
- Provide teacher support for use in the classroom
We’re wondering if we have to submit just one singular product or if we could do a full product line?
You may enter a full product line for a single category. Questions to consider when deciding include
- Do all the products work together to solve a classroom goal?
- Will the educator judge(s) be able to adequately judge a full product line during a 30-minute product demo?
How Much Does It Cost?
How much does it cost to enter?
What do finalists receive?
Finalists in the Best of STEM awards receive
- A Finalists’ logo to use in social media and digital assets
- Mention in a press release announcing finalists
- Link to STEM provider website in Best of STEM’s newsroom
How do I enter?
Nominating a product for the Best of STEM award is simple.
- Decide which product(s) you want to enter.
- Choose the category(s) to compete in.
- Fill out the nomination form.
- Repeat if you are entering more than one product or more than one category
What happens next?
- You will receive an invoice, which will also confirm your submissions.
- You may pay by credit card, ACH transfer, or check.
- Payment must be received before July 10, 2023 to participate.
Why do we have to pay to enter?
We thought about this for a long time: Wouldn’t it be great if the program were free?
But there are costs associated with running the program, so if the program were free, we would have to have several sponsors to underwrite the program. Sponsors like to have influence in shaping the program, and our goal has always been, and will always be, that products are judged by educators without the influence of corporations, associations, or organizations with deep pockets.
So we ask companies to pay a fee to cover website design, coding, updates, social media, press releases, and educator stipends.
Transparency is our thing. If you have questions, please email [email protected].
What information do I need to provide to enter?
How much does it cost to enter?
How do I decide which category to enter?
The decision on which category you choose affects which judge you are assigned. Each category is assigned a teacher judge who specializes in that area. For example, if you submit for early learning, K-6, you will be assigned a judge who specializes in early science learning. If you choose computer science, you will be assigned a judge who specializes in computer science. For this reason, we encourage companies to choose more than one category in which they have a strong competitive advantage.
For other tips on entering awards competitions, see our popular blogpost with tips submitted by leading public relations firms.